Monday, February 6, 2012

Return of the Mack

It really has been too long. I could easily come up with all sorts of reasons why I haven't posted here for so long, but it really comes down to procrastination. I have made many posts in my head, I just haven't actually finished any of them (and posted them).

I really don't think I have a whole lot of interest any more in sharing videos (here). I just don't have the time, and I especially don't have the data allowance to be streaming allot of video. The Android Soundcloud App is my very favorite (and most used) App on my phone. I use it every day, usually while multitasking. It is currently my primary data consumer, and I am already having great difficulty staying under my data cap. So what I am saying is, I believe that I will be changing my focus here from videos (YouTube, Vimeo) to mp3's (Soundcloud, Official.fm). I will probably still share the odd video now and then, but allowing myself to simplify things a bit by focusing on the music should (hopefully) make me more productive here.

Even though I have not been posting here lately, I have still been sharing a lot of music on my Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr accounts. Any one of which can pretty much be viewed as my own private radio show, playing the best Mashups and Remixes on Soundcloud.

Speaking of which, here are a few awesome Fleetwood Mac mixes and mashups that I have been enjoying immensely for the past few months. Up first are a bunch of very decent mashups from some of my favorite mashup producers, DJ Lobsterdust, The Reborn Identity, Instamatic and Colatron. Followed by some absolutely amazing remixes, so even if you're not really into mashups (which I know to be the case for a few of you - especially anything with Britney Spears), I still strongly recommend you check out the remixes at the end (and giving the mashups a fair chance!!)

DJ Lobsterdust - Till The Dream Ends
http://youtu.be/iiQVuad8keg - mp3 - Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac "Dreams" vs Britney Spears "Till The World Ends"




The Reborn Identity - Summer In Fleetwood
http://vimeo.com/12530476 - mp3 - Fleetwood Mac "Everywhere" vs Ace of Base "Cruel Summer"





Instamatic - Her Breath Is The Wind (Rhiannon’s Breath) - mp3
Fleetwood Mac "Rhiannon" vs Sia "Breathe Me"



Colatron - Freedom Mac - mp3
Fleetwood Mac "Rhiannon" vs Clare Maguire "Freedom"



Saving the (arguably) best for last, here are a trio of absolutely fantastic remixes. Two from my favorite remixer on the planet, Virgin Magnetic Material, and another from Eli Escobar, who has had the audacity to mess with a Stevie Nicks classic and create what just may be my very favorite remix ever (with a smidgen of help from Young Edits)!!



Virgin Magnetic Material - Fleetwood Mac - Dreams (Virgin Magnetic Material Remix)



Virgin Magnetic Material - Fleetwood Mac - Landslide (Virgin Magnetic Material Remix)



Eli Escobar - Stevie Nicks - Stand Back (Eli Escobar Discomix 'Young Edits Re-Mix of A Remix')
http://youtu.be/-gnz3yPWNO0 - mp3 - Stevie Nicks "Stand Back"




No comments:

Post a Comment